Experience the warm, authentic sound of tape recordings with TAIP. Unlike other tape plugins, TAIP's unique emulation method uses an AI algorithm to capture the subtle nuances of complex analog circuits, delivering a truly faithful tape emulation. This powerful tool adds a touch of warmth and glue to your mixes without the need to route any audio outside the box. Plus, TAIP's modern features make it easy to integrate into your workflow. Whether you want to add subtle warmth or push it to the limit for a distorted effect, TAIP has got you covered. Try TAIP today and discover the holy grail of analog sound.
- DRIVE: Traditionally, tape machines were designed to color the sound as little as possible. TAIP is not. You can use the DRIVE knob to add just as much color as you need - from a subtle touch of heat to heavy distortion.
- MIX: Lets you run your tape in parallel. If WEAR is engaged, you can use MIX to get a classic 'tape flanging' effect. This is caused by the wow and flutter of WEAR running in parallel with the dry track when MIX is below 100.
- MODEL: While SINGLE is a regular tape emulation, DUAL creates a series of two tape emulations chained together under the hood, each applying half of the DRIVE value. This will add slightly more weight to your signal.
- LO-SHAPE / HI-SHAPE: These sliders let you saturate the low/high end more or less than the rest of the frequency spectrum. (Example: you want to warm up a drum buss without adding too much distortion to the low frequencies).
- GLUE: Tape machines are known to introduce a pleasing compression-like effect due to their low dynamic range. TAIP lets you add this effect – or even exaggerate it. Use GLUE for subtle cohesion or as an actual compressor.
- NOISE: Lets you add tape noise to taste – or avoid it altogether.
- WEAR: Combines wow, flutter and an altered frequency response curve to emulate a malfunctioning tape machine.
- PRESENCE: Part of the tape warmth comes from an attenuated high-end. PRESENCE allows you to decide how much of that attenuation you want. It can bring back the sharpness and brightness that is sometimes lost on tape.
- INPUT: Choose between NORMAL or HOT (more distorted) input levels without affecting the output volume.
- AUTO GAIN: Allows you to add more DRIVE while keeping a consistent plugin output level.
- Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
- Mac - macOS 10.7 and up (including Native M1 Compatibility).
- Windows- PC Windows 7 and up.
- DAWs supported: All major DAWs, including Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One, Bitwig, Reaper, Reason etc.