As children of the 80s, we have always been enamored by the sound of slightly off-key synths, warm tape saturation, gritty samples, and grainy reverbs. Our aim was to pay homage to this decade while modernizing it.
Super VHS is like a time machine for your audio. It transports your sounds back in time and reproduces them as if they were rediscovered on a worn-out VHS tape 30 years later. With just one click, Super VHS integrates seamlessly into your DAW.
Super VHS is perfect for adding a touch of lo-fi authenticity to your pristine audio. The simple one-control system belies the complexity under the hood, enabling a fast workflow that delivers a vast array of effects. Mix and match the effects to get the perfect result.
Super VHS features six unique ‘one-knob’ effects inspired by the VHS-era.
- Static - Static noise generated by an internal synthesizer.
- Heat - Analog-emulated tape saturator, inspired by consumer-grade tape machines.
- Shape - Sample rate reducer inspired by 1980s 8-bit samplers.
- Magic - 80s style widening FX inspired by the Juno chorus, but darker and deeper.
- Drift - Pitch fluctuation LFO for unpredictable time and pitch shifting.
- Wash - ‘Bad hall’ reverb inspired by budget friendly 1980s rack units.
While each effect can only be controlled with one knob, multiple parameters work under the hood to give Super VHS its characteristic sound. We encourage you to mix and match the effects as that will give you a wide range of sonic outcomes – from subtle degradation to all-out destruction.
- Plugin formats: VST, VST3, AU, AAX.
- Mac - macOS 10.7 and up (including Native M1 Compatibility).
- Windows- PC Windows 7 and up.
- DAWs supported: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, FL Studio, Cubase, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason etc.