Introducing Mercury-6 -a faithful recreation of the iconic Jupiter-6 analog synthesizer, commemorating its 40th anniversary. While often overshadowed by its predecessors, the Jupiter-4 and Jupiter-8, the Jupiter-6 is widely recognized for its unique and intricate sound. Over time, it has earned its place as one of Roland's most sought-after vintage synths due to its distinctive, complex tones. Mercury-6 expertly captures the essence of this classic polyphonic synth, enhancing its exceptional feature set for contemporary digital audio workstation (DAW) production and workflow.
- Highly optimized, massive dual-layer voicing architecture with 16 polyphonic voices per layer. Keyboard split or stacked layer modes allow two simultaneously playable layers, with separate per-layer controls for all parameters, including effects
- Two VCOs per voice with combined waveform capabilities: triangle, ramp sawtooth, noise, and square or variable pulse
- Multimode filter with a 24 dB/oct lowpass, 24 dB/oct highpass, or 12 dB/oct bandpass modes
- Accurate reproduction of the original's advanced VCO-2 to VCO-1 FM cross-modulation for searing tones
- Precisely implemented portamento and glissando modes
- Exactingly replicated arpeggio section with MIDI tempo sync, the hidden Down/Up mode of the original, and the addition of a Random mode
- Powerful solo and polyphonic unison modes for fat, stacked sounds
- Two tempo-syncable LFOs with extended retrigger functionality
- Per-layer drift control for oscillators and filter frequencies for authentic analog character
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Over 500 presets, created by a talented team of sound design veterans, easily accessible in a convenient preset browser
- Panel Control for selecting layer controls, including extensive utility functions for duplicating and exchanging synthesis and effects parameters between layers and presets.
- Studio-quality integrated effects: distortion, 4/8/12 stage phaser, flanger/chorus, three types of delay with sync, and four types of reverb, with easy-to-access global or layer settings
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping (Preset and Global)
- Cherry Audio's popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize via drag
- Complete documentation available directly online from the instrument or in downloadable PDF format
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load, and multithreaded processing for presets using Split and Layer modes
- User-adjustable oversampling control
Available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and stand-alone formats.
- 10.13 or above
- macOS 13 Ventura supported
- 64-bit required
- Native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required
- Quad-core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.
NOTE: Internet connection required for product activation.